Book Tom To Speak At Your Next Event
Tom is a storyteller extraordinaire who possesses the rare ability to take audiences on a journey that truly awakens them to their inner potential. His personal belief is that every person has the ability to achieve greater success in their personal and professional lives--and that we all own the responsibility of helping others be successful as well.
His presentations inspire audiences to see themselves differently. They challenge individuals to grow past themselves and provides them with tools and thought patterns that not only help them to reconsider their own lives but urge them to become more passionate about selflessly serving others and building personal legacies that will be positively remembered.
Tom's Most Requested Speaking & Workshop Topics
Life’s a Journey—Meet Your Potential
Life does not come with a manual, but it does come with many challenges. Tom’s rags-to-riches story illustrates the importance of making good decisions and building a strong support team all to help you reach your full potential.
Who You Are Makes A Difference
Keeping your passion for what you do is hard when you feel unappreciated. It was the love and support from teachers, coaches, and his foster family that gave Tom the foundation for a successful life. Tom’s resounding message of encouragement reinforces the value of mentorship and will leave, no longer burnt out, but reignited in know the value of what they do.
Building Business Passion from Within
Keeping a team motivated can be challenging--and an organization is only as successful as the health of its team members. In this message, Tom stresses the importance of building a strong company culture, the value of superior customer service, and why investing in your team translates to bigger profits.
There’s No Dimmer Switch for Faith
The Watson’s legacy to Tom included an upbringing rooted in faith. Tom states clearly that faith has no grey area; it is black or white. This message includes a direct call to decide where you stand, so you can move forward in your life.
Tom's Speaker Reel
I went through a roller coaster of emotions throughout the presentation (laughter and tears)…Tom is a dynamic and enthusiastic speaker. His delivery encouraged, entertained and prompted those present to create their own personal sense of improvement. – Chris Nelson, Conference Organizer
In a nutshell, I was blown away. I was very impressed with your presentation and very moved. – Mia Lee, Conference Attendee
Tom’s content was really relevant and moving. He is a very powerful speaker with wonderful stories that draw you in. He is a true inspiration and was absolutely my favorite speaker of the day. – Anne Titcomb, Conference Attendee
Your story is proof we do make a difference in these children’s lives, and they need us to believe in them. You have inspired me to be a better person everyday! – Kathy McMillan, Conference Attendee
Thank you so very much for making the time to make a difference in my life and reaffirming that children are our future and deserve every opportunity that we can provide. – Bobbi Thomas, Conference Attendee
A very passionate and heartfelt presenter. Tom’s presentation was one of the best attended and most well received sessions at our event! –Tom Mihalik, Conference Organizer
Previous Events & Engagements
- National Sport & Tourism Symposium - Kigali, Rwanda
- Canadian Parks & Recreation Association - National Symposium
- National Sport & Tourism Symposium - Nairobi, Kenya
- Fort Nelson Secondary - Teacher Conference
- South Okanagan Parks & Recreation Association Conference
- Men of Steel - Men's Retreat
- National Sport & Tourism Symposium - Kitwi, Zambia
- British Columbia Parks & Recreation Association - Provincial Symposium
- Business By The Book - Business Leaders of Vancouver
- Boys & Girls Club of America
- Alberta Parks & Recreation Association - Provincial Symposium
- Chamber of Commerce Business Entrepreneur Symposium - Sechlet, British Columbia.
- Spirit River Regional Academy - Inspiration Day
- National Sport & Tourism Symposium - Lusaka, Zambia
- Spirit River Regional Academy - Graduation Keynote
- National Sport & Tourism Symposium - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Brooks Senior High School - Graduation Keynote
Here Is What You Can Expect From Tom & His Team
- A powerfully prepared, carefully customized, and dynamically delivered presentation in a fun and entertaining format focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A personal phone consultation with Tom and his management team prior to your event, so we can better understand how Tom can best serve you and your audience.
- Prompt, professional replies to all communications.
- An announcement about your event on our website and social media channels -- If your event is public and you desire the extra exposure.
- A follow-up session after the event with our team, to discuss next-step strategies and receive feedback on Tom's presentation.
About Tom...Straight From The Man Himself
As a Best-Selling Author I have been speaking for over 15 years. I have been a conference presenter at over 100 Conferences and have keynoted over 20 events in 7 different countries around the globe. In addition to my live speaking engagements I have also appeared on dozens of television and radio shows, including several on ABC, NBC, FOX, CTV, Global Television and 100 Huntley Street.
After living in 13 different foster homes I arrived on the doorstep of the Watsons’ home as a shattered, disheveled, angry little 5 year old boy. Through uncommon perseverance and love, the Watson's became the family I lived with until adulthood. The Watson's were a family that would not give up on me, and in many ways are the reason that I have become a successful husband, father, businessman, coach, philanthropist, author and speaker. The Watson's surrounded me with an extraordinary group of mentors who -- over time, taught me how to make better choices and those choices have led to my personal success.
Describing my challenging circumstances and showcasing how--with the help of several amazing mentors--I was able to act upon my choices and change the direction of my life, I strive to demonstrate that the key to living successfully lies in our ability as humans to overcome challenges and not let the past dictate our future.
I have over 30 years experience in upper level management, am a high-level Customer Service Trainer and a Certified Personal Life Coach. I have worked with elite teams including the Vancouver Canucks (National Hockey League), the BC Lions (Canadian Football League), and many other provincial, national, and international sporting organizations.
My presentations highlight the fact that all of us have a story. We've all run into situations that either negatively or positively affect our lives. My life's goal is to inspire those I speak to - to celebrate the positive moments, overcome the challenges and, through it all, influence others around us to reach for the stars!
My book Man Shoes is a best selling book and because of it's success I was at one point the most Interviewed Author in North America.
I have been married to my wonderful wife, Kathy, for 21 years and together we have three sons (Brad, Kelly, and Jordan). I live outside of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In my free time, I enjoy watching sports of all kinds, in particular football. I love eating Captain Crunch cereal and vacationing in Mexico.