In life, especially throughout our careers or entrepreneurial pursuits, we need to persevere and never give up no matter how many times we hear the word no. No matter how many times we fail. It is only through sheer will and determination that we will achieve our wildest dreams.
- Henry Ford failed and went broke five times before he succeeded
- RH Macy failed seven times before his store in New York City became a hit
- 27 publishers rejected Dr. Seuss' first book
- Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because "he lacked imagination and had no good ideas
- Colonel Sanders was rejected over 1,000 times before he found a buyer for his famous KFC recipe
- Steve Jobs was "fired" from his own company
We also have to be prepared for when (as people love to say) we get "lucky"… You know, when preparation meets opportunity? Les Brown said it best. "It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared."
Be "hungry" my friends… You might just get lucky! ;-)