Beet hummus is a beautiful pink colour and it is delicious! Serve creamy beet hummus as a dip with your favourite corn chips or vegetables or as a spread on your favourite sandwich. Enjoy!
· 1 large roasted beet – cooled and peeled (peel can be removed easily once the beet cools)
· 1 can white beans
· Zest of 1 lemon
· Juice of small lemon
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 cloves of garlic minced
· 2 Tbsp nut butter
· ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut beat in quarters and place in food processor. Blend well.
2. Add remaining ingredients – except olive oil. Blend well.
3. As mixing slowly pour in the olive oil.
4. Taste and adjust as needed.
5. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.