· 2 ½ lbs peeled and cubed potatoes
· 4 slices bacon
· ½ head of green cabbage, chopped
· 1 large onion, chopped
· ½ c non dairy milk of choice
· Salt and pepper to taste
· ¼ non dairy butter substitute of choice, melted
1. Add cubed potatoes to saucepan with enough water to cover. Once the water comes to a boil, cook the potatoes until tender – about 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain and mash the potatoes with milk and salt and pepper, set aside.
3. Over medium high heat cook bacon until evenly browned in a large deep skillet.
4. Save the drippings. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
5. Saute the cabbage and onion until soft and tender in skillet with bacon drippings
6. Fold the cabbage, bacon and onions into the mashed potatoes.
7. Place potato mixture in a large serving bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in melted non-dairy butter substitute.
8. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!!!