Need a vegan and gluten-free pumpkin pie everyone can enjoy? Look no further!
· 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (*not pumpkin pie filling)
· 1 c milk or dairy-free milk of choice (I’ve tried almond, cashew, coconut and lactose-free)
· 2 tbsp butter or vegan substitute (I’ve used vegan substitutes)
· 3 tbsp bourbon or spiced apple cider or non-alcoholic substitute (e.g. juice or vanilla mixed with water)
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 2 tbsp flour or a gluten-free blend of choice (I’ve used GF blends)
· ½ c brown sugar
· ¼ c sugar
· 2 large eggs or flax substitute
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Grease 10-inch pie plate or ramekins and set aside.
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Pour dry into wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
6. Pour into prepared pie plate or ramekins, leaving ¼ inch between the rim and the batter.
7. Smooth top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 375 and bake for 30 more minutes or until a knife inserted into the pie centre comes out clean.
9. Enjoy! Yummmmm :)